Search for research themes
Members of ISLE can choose to create a brief profile of their current research activities for publication on our website. Each profile may contain up to 5 'themes', and each theme may include any number of keywords.
We aim for this page to be a showcase of research in English Linguistics. It will enable members to get in touch with others working on related research topics.
(Socio)Linguistic Effects across Political Borders
Long neglected as "unimportant" variation, political borders that cut across older dialect zones reveal interesting linguistic and sociolinguistic features that are very "real" for speakers
- Website: https://ubc.academia.edu/StefanDollinger/Border-Studies
- Expires after: 01-01-2555
- Keywords: Dialectology,Historical Linguistics,Language Change,World Englishes,Variationist Linguistics
Variation in English World-Wide
Corpus-based studies on morphosyntactic variation in Englishes
- Website: http://view0.webs.uvigo.es/
- Expires after: 01-01-2525
- Keywords: World Englishes,Variationist Linguistics,Sociolinguistics,Registers,Corpus Linguistics
Patterns of conversational interaction in varieties of English
The project investigates whether Caribbean and Southeast Asian varieties of English exhibit conversational patterns and to which extent these structures can be regarded as culturally sensitive.
- Website: www.uni-regensburg.de/language-literature-culture/english-linguistics/world-englishes/current-projects/neumaier-patterns-of-conversational-interaction/index.html
- Expires after: 01-01-2020
- Keywords: Conversation Analysis,World Englishes,Discourse-pragmatic,Language And Culture,Variationist Linguistics
I´m currently looking into morphosyntactic changes in New Englishes.
- Expires after: 31-03-2019
- Keywords: Diachronic Variation,Corpus Linguistics,Grammar,Language Change,Language And Culture,Mass Media,Standardization,Synchronic Linguistics,Variation,World Englishes
Genitive Alternation Across Varieties of English
This study explores the underlying constraints that shape syntactic variation in new varieties of English.
- Website: wwwling.arts.kuleuven.be/qlvl/ProbGrammarEnglish.html
- Expires after: 28-02-2018
- Keywords: Variationist Linguistics,Constraints On Variation,Diachronic Linguistics,World Englishes