Hybrid ISLE7 at UQ in Brisbane in 2023
The 7th Meeting of the International Society for the Linguistics of English (ISLE7) will be held 19-23 June 2023 as a hybrid conference at The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, with the conference theme “Combining Tradition and Computation”. The main aim of ISLE7 is to bring together researchers from around the world who share an interest in the study of the English language and English linguistics.
ISLE 7 features the following fantastic line-up of keynote speakers:
• Ina Bornkessel-Schlesewsky (University of South Australia)
• Jonathan Culpeper (Lancaster University)
• Stefan Gries (University of California)
• Jennifer Hay (University of Canterbury)
• Brian Joseph (University of Alberta)
• Catherine Travis (The Australian National University)
The organizers invite abstracts for the following types of presentations:
1. Workshops and Panels (including discussion panels)
2. On-site paper presentations (including work-in-progress reports and software demos)
3. Recorded paper presentations (including work-in-progress reports and software demos)
4. Lightning talks: 5-minute video clips or 5-minute on-site lightning talks to present a study, a research project or infrastructure, or research related ideas
Abstracts need to be submitted via EasyAbs (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/isle7).
Call for papers
• Submission start date: 1 July 2022
• Deadline for workshop and panel proposals: 15 September 2022
• Deadline for abstracts: 30 November 2022
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the organizers at email@example.com. Visit the website (https://languages-cultures.uq.edu.au/isle7) for more detailed information, and don’t forget to follow the conference on Twitter (@isle7_uq)!
The ISLE7 organizing team
Martin Schweinberger, Michael Haugh and Kate Burridge
Previous ISLE conferences
Isle 6 was organized by the University of Eastern Finland in Joensuu and took place virtually from 2 to 5 June 2021.
ISLE 5 took place in London, England from 17 to 20 July 2018.
ISLE 4 took place in Poznan, Poland from 18 to 21 September 2016.
ISLE 3 took place in Zurich, Switzerland from 24 to 27 August 2014.
ISLE 2 took place in Boston, Massachusetts, USA from 17 to 21 June 2011.
ISLE Inaugural Conference
The inaugural conference of ISLE took place in Freiburg, Germany from 8 to 11 October 2008.