Search for research themes
Members of ISLE can choose to create a brief profile of their current research activities for publication on our website. Each profile may contain up to 5 'themes', and each theme may include any number of keywords.
We aim for this page to be a showcase of research in English Linguistics. It will enable members to get in touch with others working on related research topics.
Quantitative variationist analysis
Quantitative analysis including mixed-effects modelling in R
- Expires after: 01-01-2200
- Keywords: Quantitative Methods,Mixed-Effects Modelling
Variation and Change in English
Grammatical and phonological variation in past and present varieties of English; functional conditioning; based on linguistic corpora and text databases; with a focus on quantitative methodologies.
- Expires after: 31-12-2030
- Keywords: Alternations,Constraints On Variation,Corpus Linguistics,Diachronic Variation,Historical Linguistics,Language Change,Phonology,Quantitative Methods,Variationist Linguistics,World Englishes,Grammar
Acquisition, Variation, and Diachronic Change in and across English Amplifiier Systems
This research project focuses on the amplification of adjectives in English (e.g. very good, really nice) using a corpus-based quantitative approach.
- Expires after: 30-09-2021
- Keywords: Variation,Corpus Linguistics,Language Change,Quantitative Methods
Critical discourse analysis
In my research, I tend to apply a new approach to critical discourse analysis based on evaluation. I will apply a qualitative-quantitative methods to analyse asylum seekers presentation.
- Expires after: 31-01-2020
- Keywords: Appraisal,Critical Discourse Analysis,Corpus Linguistics,Quantitative Methods,Cognitive Linguistics