Search for research themes
Members of ISLE can choose to create a brief profile of their current research activities for publication on our website. Each profile may contain up to 5 'themes', and each theme may include any number of keywords.
We aim for this page to be a showcase of research in English Linguistics. It will enable members to get in touch with others working on related research topics.
Language contact and grammatical change in early English
How much is early English syntax shaped by contact with Celtic and Norse? My Konstanz inaugural lecture (see link) gives an overview of some of my work on this so far.
- Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IATXBYKiow
- Expires after: 01-10-2028
- Keywords: Historical Syntax,Language Contact,Language Change,Old English,Middle English,Syntax,Historical Linguistics
Weak verbs in old Northumbrian
My PhD project investigates the old Northumbrian weak verbal paradigm, specifically the morphology of weak verbs 2. Data collected from the interlinear glosses to the Lindisfarne & Rushworth Gospels.
- Expires after: 30-04-2025
- Keywords: Old English,Language Contact,English Historical Linguistics,Diachronic Linguistics,Historical Sociolinguistics,Language Change,Mixed-Effects Modelling,Morphology,Middle English,History Of English,Philology,Sociolinguistics,Quantitative Methods