Search for research themes
Members of ISLE can choose to create a brief profile of their current research activities for publication on our website. Each profile may contain up to 5 'themes', and each theme may include any number of keywords.
We aim for this page to be a showcase of research in English Linguistics. It will enable members to get in touch with others working on related research topics.
Discourse-pragmatic variation and change
Variation and change in the use of discourse-pragmatic features such as question tags; discourse pragmatic effects in relation to syntactic phenomena
- Expires after: 01-01-2200
- Keywords: Discourse-pragmatic,Variation,Language Change
The linguistic profile of I think
Describing synchronic and diachronic structure and use of the comment clause "I think" from phonetics to pragmatics
- Expires after: 20-11-2021
- Keywords: Conversation Analysis,Corpus Linguistics,Data Analysis With R,Diachronic Linguistics,Grammaticalisation,Discourse-pragmatic,Phonetics,Prosody,Synchronic Linguistics
Patterns of conversational interaction in varieties of English
The project investigates whether Caribbean and Southeast Asian varieties of English exhibit conversational patterns and to which extent these structures can be regarded as culturally sensitive.
- Website: www.uni-regensburg.de/language-literature-culture/english-linguistics/world-englishes/current-projects/neumaier-patterns-of-conversational-interaction/index.html
- Expires after: 01-01-2020
- Keywords: Conversation Analysis,World Englishes,Discourse-pragmatic,Language And Culture,Variationist Linguistics